Little Waldingfield Parish Council
NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN STEERING COMMITTEE TERMS OF REFERENCE
- Little Waldingfield Parish Council (the ‘PC') has established a Neighbourhood Plan Steering Committee (the ‘SC'), following overwhelming support from the residents of the Parish of Little Waldingfield (‘Residents'), for the establishment of a Neighbourhood Plan for Little Waldingfield (‘NP').
- The purpose of the SC is to oversee the preparation of the NP.
- The objective of the NP is: “To preserve and enhance the quality of life, the environment and local economy of Little Waldingfield in a sustainable way”.
- The SC will:
(a) Prepare an outline process and costing for the production of the NP;
(b) Access existing evidence about the needs and aspirations of the Residents;
(c) To promote the process of preparing the NP and to encourage participation in the process, including the submission of views and proposals by Residents;
(d) To organise meetings and appoint sub-groups to gather views and to consult on proposals;
(e) Analyse the views and proposals received during the consultation process into the NP and use the data to prepare a draft of the NP;
(f) Keep the PC and Residents fully informed of the progress of the NP, by way of a regular agenda item.
Membership and Quorum
- (a) The SC shall comprise up to 5 members, one of whom will be nominated to act as Chairman;
(b) The SC shall review its membership from time to time. Additional members may be co-opted if required;
(c) The SC shall include at least 2 members of the PC at any one time;
(d) The SC shall be quorate when 3 members are present of whom 1 must be a member of the PC.;
(e) In the event of a split vote on an issue, the Chairman shall have the casting vote;
(f) If the Chairman is not present, the other members of the SC shall elect a Chairman for the meeting from amongst their number.
- (a) The SC may appoint a non-voting, clerk to the SC (the ‘Clerk');
(b) Notice and associated papers for a meeting shall be circulated to the SC at least 3 days before the date of a meeting by email;
(c) Minutes shall be kept of meetings, which will be made available to the public;
(d) Copies of the minutes shall be retained by or on behalf of the SC.
Frequency and Procedure at Meetings
- (a) The SC shall meet at least every 6 weeks;
(b) Any changes to the SC and/or its terms of reference shall require the approval of the PC;
(c) Meetings of the SC shall be conducted in accordance with the latest addition of the ‘The good councillor's guide'.
Expenditure in Relation to the NP
- (a) The PC shall hold on behalf of the SC, all funding for the purpose of advancing the NP. This will include funds allocated for the NP by the PC and any sums awarded by external bodies by way of grant funding.
(b) Following consultation with the Chair of the PC, the SC will ensure that the payment of any such funds for the purpose of the NP is made through the auspices of the Clerk to the PC.