Our project is now nearing completion following the incredible amount of work completed by LWHS trustees and others over the past 18 months. Progress to date includes:
- Completion of all underlying research into village records and collection of all documents, photographs, images and maps etc;
- Completion of editing work on all the digitally recorded interviews and written memories kindly sent in to us;
- Completion of all book chapter drafting - we now have nearly 400 pages;
- Near completion of the trustee group ‘read through', which has been a massive exercise in its own right - two 3 to 4 hour evening meetings a week for the past six weeks (with each read through followed by editing and further checking);
- Near finalisation of our book cover images and wording;
- Agreement to produce the full colour book (excepting old black and white images) in paperback and a limited edition hard back.
There is now little work remaining, although what there is will still take many weeks of hard graft:
- Complete our trustee read through and resultant editorial changes;
- Sit down with the printers to convert myriad single column Word documents into one large multi column PDF document with proper ‘wrap around' text etc;
- Inclusion of higher resolution images - handling very large Word documents on home computers necessitated use of low resolution images;
- A final trustee read-through of the completed book before the ‘go ahead to print is given'.
After this will come the fun bit - watching our book being printed and then selling as many copies as we can, with All Proceeds going to preserve the fabric of our very our St Lawrence Church in Little Waldingfield - we are confident the book will be available to buy from July.
To pre-order copies of the book (softback £18.00, limited edition hardback £30.00), please contact: