The project is now well underway, but anyone who would like to be involved in this exciting community venture is still more than welcome. Progress to date includes:
- Recruitment of a number of volunteers to assist with the underlying research;
- Local training sessions on the skills necessary to conduct research and interview willing volunteers;
- Attendance at relevant training workshops staged by our HLF partner university UEA
- Detailed recorded interviews with transcription - in progress;
- Completion of research of the Parish Council records maintained at Bury Records Office (BRO);
- Commencement of detailed research of other records held at the BRO; and
- Completion of detailed research of the village records held by the Local History Recorder.
LWHS continues to look for other sources of information, with residents already providing photographs and other memorabilia from their own family archives.
If any reader has anything that might be of interest (documents, maps, photos etc) or artefacts pertaining to Little Waldingfield or its residents during the past 200 years, the LWHS would love to borrow them for our research - all such documents would be copied carefully and returned promptly.
Please refer to the blog pages for more information on this exciting project.
Andy Sheppard (email@example.com or 01787 247980)
Diana Langford (firstname.lastname@example.org or 01787 248298)