Community Action Suffolk was formed on 1st April 2013 when ten partnership Suffolk based voluntary and community support sector organisations agreed to merge, creating a single charity and company.
The ten organisations bring together a number of related strands serving the voluntary and community sector, such as those working with young people, rural communities and volunteers.
Those voluntary and community sector organisations which merged to become Community Action Suffolk were:
- Babergh Communities Together
- Framlingham Volunteer Centre
- Haverhill Association of Voluntary Organisations
- Haverhill Volunteer Centre
- Ipswich Council for Voluntary Service
- Lowestoft Volunteer Centre
- Suffolk ACRE
- Suffolk Association of Voluntary Organisations
- The Community Forum (Waveney)
- Young Suffolk
In addition the majority of the services provided by Mid Suffolk Action in Partnership have also transferred across to Community Action Suffolk, while Bury St. Edmunds Volunteer Centre, Forest Heath Volunteer Centre, and Mid Suffolk Volunteer Centre are transferring over some services.
Whether you are a voluntary, community group or an individual looking for help, Community Action Suffolk can quickly and easily direct you to the resources and information you need regards Funding, Training, Volunteering, Advice, Networking and Services.
To access their these services, please click here