Little Waldingfield Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group ('SG')
Minutes of Meeting held on 9 December 2017
Present: Tim Sheppard (Chair); Barbara Campbell; Richard Furlonger; Jennie Jordan; Chris White
Following the door to door collection of the hard-copy questionnaires around the whole Parish by members of the SG, when coupled with existing hard-copy and on-line returns, it seems upwards of 150 questionnaires may have been returned. The hard-copy responses will be retained at CW's house for collection by Ian Poole ('IP') and RF will provide IP with the access details to the on-line responses. IP's consultancy will be undertaking the processing of the responses, thereby ensuring the protection of confidentiality is maximised. IP and CW to liaise regarding collection. TS to email IP in relation to when the results of the survey will be to hand. The results will be published thereafter.
The SG and JJ will look out for the publication of the next neighbourhood plan funding stream from Government. There is a commitment to continue funding NP's after the cessation of the existing 'MyCommunity' funding, which stops at the end of March 2018.
CW to forward the Parish Profile to IP and JJ to forward details of how it was proposed to spend the existing grant funding to IP. TS to look at access to 'Parish Online' and to provide the details to IP.
The SG were happy with the proposed approach to the Landscape Character Assessment ('LCA') put forward by IP, which will commence with a training session in the morning and then be followed by an assisted walk around to the Parish. When completed, IP will collate the results and draft the LCA itself. All members expressed a desire to take part in the LCA, subject to availability. It was agreed the LCA will take place on 27 January 2018. TS to check availability of the Parish Rooms.
A review was undertaken of the SG's role and communications. The SG is a sub-committee of the Parish Council ('PC') and answerable to it. If there is a proposal to change the composition, or the terms of reference of the SG, for example, it must be agreed and ratified by the PC. Any representations to be made by the SG must be agreed in advance by the SG itself and are to be communicated through the Chair. It was reiterated that major decisions are to be taken at SG meetings, although minor decisions, such as the script to be used on the questionnaire envelops, may be agreed by email. All emails send by and/or on behalf of the SG are to be copied into all the other members of the SG. Ultimately, the SG's role is to assist in the preparation of an NP, which reflects the views of Parishioners and is founded on an objective, evidence base. If applications for development in respect of the potential site allocations are made while the NP is still being prepared, any representations can reflect the evidence base as it then is. It is essential not to prejudice the outcome of the NP process. If members wish to express personal views on a matter, they should ensure the capacity in which any views are expressed is made clear.
TS to update the Village website NP page to bring it up-to-date.
The next meeting will take place on either the 26 January, or 27 January 2018, to be confirmed, unless the need for a prior meeting is deemed necessary.
Held at Chris White's Home; Duration: circa 1 hour 30 minutes.