Note of Little Waldingfield Neighbourhood Plan Steering Committee Meeting on 17 July 2017
Present: Tim Sheppard (‘TS'); Jennie Jordan (‘JJ'); Chris White (‘CW') and Barbara Campbell (‘BC').
Apologies: Richard Furlonger (‘RF').
Those present set out their professional backgrounds: Lawyer (TS); Head Teacher (BC); Pilot (CW) and community outreach in the voluntary sector (JJ). TS pointed out that RF's background is in farming and property development.
TS informed the SC that he had been in contact with Babergh DC and Bill Newman. The main point of contact has been established (Paul Bryant) and a Memorandum of Understanding (‘MoU') has been circulated for comment. TS has contacted PAL England, which no longer offer NP support, or any funding. TS confirmed that he would complete a Project Plan to timetable and guide the NP process. Action Point: TS to complete Project Plan.
In relation to finance it was confirmed that My Community offer grants of up to £9,000, with an extra £6,000 available for more complex NPs, including those where site allocations are contemplated. CW pointed out that the Big Lottery also offers funding, although it is hard to obtain and needs to be in place before the project work to which it is directed, is undertaken. Action Point: JJ undertook to look at both sources of funding, in conjunction with TS/CW, as necessary.
In relation to community consultation and engagement, members favoured making contact with parishioners in advance of sending out the consultation questionnaire/Survey Monkey information. It was also suggested that a workshop is held to help anyone who might have difficulty completing the questionnaire/Survey Monkey. Allowing all members of a household the chance to respond was favoured, with an eligible age of 11/12 years and above. Running a pilot-questionnaire/Survey Monkey was also favoured. Members discussed the balance between cost and the quality of documentary materials. Action Points: BC to look at the content of a draft NP questionnaire, drawing on the content of those used by other NP groups, liaising with CW, and JJ in relation to pitching the questions correctly. TS to ascertain the cost of printing questionnaires at Lavenham Press.
CW has obtained the Parish Profile from CAS and TS has also obtained a profile from Babergh. Both sources of information can be used as part of the NP evidence base. Members supported commissioning a Landscape and Character Appraisal for the Parish, to form part of the NP evidence base. The cost of this; printing and other necessary expert input to be considered by TS. Action Point: TS to consider NP costings, along with the Project Plan. CW needs to be reimbursed for cost of CAS Parish profile.
The cost of funding a NP clerk was considered-it is likely that if a professional clerk were appointed to assist, he/she would want to be paid for their services. My Community funding does no cover the payment of a salary/wages. The NP volunteers can be approach again in due course to see if anyone would volunteer to be NP clerk. For the moment, it was agreed members could take minutes. BC offered to do so and it was also suggested the minute taker could be rotated between members.
A meeting should be held with the NP volunteer group and any others who might come forward and offer help in the future. CW agreed to act as a coordinator of the volunteer body.
No comments were received from members in relation to the SG terms of reference or the MoU with Babergh.
The next meeting is to be scheduled in due course.